- 2 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 carrots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 lb. fresh cheese tortellini
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Sauté the vegetables
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the 2 Tbs. olive oil. Add the carrots, celery and zucchini and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the broth and bring to a boil.
Cook the tortellini
Add the tortellini and cook for 5 minutes, or according to the package instructions. Remove from the heat. Stir in the tomatoes and parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
Ladle the soup into warmed bowls, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with the cheese and serve immediately. Serves 4.