- 3 medium-sized ripe avocados
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 ½ C nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 package taco seasoning mix (or make your own mix using this recipe)
- 2 cans (9 oz. each) bean dip (or 2 cans refried beans — or make your own!)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (optional)
- 3 medium-sized ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans (3 1/2 oz. each) pitted ripe sliced olives, drained
- 1 package (8 oz.) grated 2% sharp cheddar cheese
1. Peel, pit and mash avocados in a bowl with lemon juice, salt and pepper (or put in blender). If you’re in a hurry and don’t have any ripe avocados, you can also substitute 2 containers of mildly seasoned guacamole dip from the refrigerated section at the grocery store.
2. In another bowl, combine yogurt and taco seasoning mix.
3. To assemble:
- Spread bean dip/refried beans on a LARGE shallow serving platter.
- Spread avocado mixture over bean dip.
- Spread yogurt-taco mixture over the avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle with the chopped green onions, then the tomatoes, and finally the olives.
- Cover with the grated cheddar cheese.
4. Serve chilled with your choice of corn chips.
Original recipe was found here.