- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans
- 15 oz can tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 (14 oz each) cans fat free chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarians)
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz dry Ditalini pasta or other small pasta
- grated parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
In a deep pot, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat.
Blend the can of beans with one can water in electric blender until almost smooth.
Add blended beans to pan then add the can of tomato sauce, celery, carrots, chicken broth, basil, bay leaf, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Add 1 cup water and bring to slow boil. Let simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Add pasta and cook uncovered until pasta is al dente, according to pasta directions.
Ladle soup into bowls and top with grated cheese.
Recipe was found here.